Another update

Sorry its been a while…

While I’m waiting for Whitby’s to reach out and tell me it’s time, I’m still tinkering here and there. Worked on the Serpent Express trailer some more, getting the cover tight and the framework secured down.

Brother Doug came to visit for a weekend and I kept him busy. We did a few laps around the neighborhood in the Boss, didnt get arrested! Got home and spent some time cleaning her up and loaded her on the trailer.

Next morning we took her to the Anne Arundel County Animal Control Pistons & Paws car & motorcycle show, all to benefit Friends Of Animal Control. Another local F5 Roadster builder joined us, Gary Luigi, with his semi-complete and legal Coyote powered machine. It was cool to be parked together so we show a kind of with-and-without-body kind of thing.

Me and Gary absorbing some shade by The Boss
Mine and Gary’s MKIV Factory 5 Roadsters. His meatballs are for real… he’s been autocrossing already!
Gary and the 2 F5’s

While were at the show, I noticed a small wet spot developing under the left header where it bolts to the sidepipe. Investigating abit, we found the clutch fluid reservoir was leaking where the fitting is on the bottom. Since these are an NPT thread and I was using 90* fitfings, its difficult to get these to seal correctly because you need them in a particular direction. Back home,  we tried several things, including Loktite thread sealant, good for brake fluid. No joy. We also found another reservoir that was leaking at the cap. We couldnt understand that one, and never did figure it out because the fluid was about an inch below the cap.

So anyways, I decided to not deal with it. Lots of other builders have used the CNC Triple Reservoir and I decided to do the same. Found it on Amazon Smile and with Prime, it was here in 2 days and free shipping.

So today I’m working on building a bracket to hold this assembly, then I’ll get it plumbed in and working right.

Couple of nice things: These use an expandable / collapsible diaphragm seal under the cap, with a small vent hole in the top of the cap. This allows expansion and contraction of the fluid as well as sealing. Nice design. I also ordered 3ea straight 1/8npt x -4AN fittings and 3ea -4AN to 3/8 hose barb 90* elbows. This will allow me to direct the fittings in the proper direction and still tighten them down nice n tight.

Update when it’s done… 😉